Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's Here!

For all you Jane Austen lovers out there, the new Emma miniseries has just been released! It stars Romola Garai and many other familiar faces from BBC period films. I don't think it's out on DVD yet, but you can watch the series for free on this site (http://tudorphiles.ning.com/video/emma-part-one-2009-clip-1). The only drawback is that there are several clips you have to go through to watch the whole film, but I'm glad I can watch it now instead of waiting for my library to get it. I've only watched three clips, and from what I've seen, this might just be my favorite Emma out of all them so far. =) So my mom and I will be enjoying watching another Jane Austen film together...even though we know the storyline by heart.

*P.S.*
It's a little hard watching the movie on the site I posted (the picture quality is very blurry when watching in fullscreen), but if you go this youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/cat4fab#p/u/23/wIDDka3X-LI) you can watch all the channels much easier and the picture is really clear. I'm almost done (1 more episode to go!) and it definitely my favorite out of all of the Emma films.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Thanks for letting us know about this. I love your taste in films and stars. :) You are a beautiful young lady.

Ella said...

I really want to watch this adaptation. Now, it has big shoes to fill in my opinion; I love the Gwyneth Paltrow version of Emma. And it is hard for me to watch a movie on the computer (as we only have one with internet access) but I CAN'T WAIT!

Maxine said...

Looking forward to seeing it! I don't know when, though.